Mon, 09 May|
ZOOM INTRO TO ANIMAL FLOW 8 WEEK SERIES
Through ground-based movement, and challenging yourself to move in new and novel ways, you will build strength, coordination, and a better understanding of how your body likes to move. Register 8 week Series May 9th - June 27th OR May 4 Week Block OR June 4 Week Block Minimum of 4 people required
Time & Location
09 May 2022, 6:45 am AEST – 27 June 2022, 7:45 am AEST
About The Event
What is Animal Flow?
Created by Mike Fitch, technically speaking it is a ground-based movement discipline designed to activate, strengthen and move your joints through their full range of motion.
As visual envision if yoga and breakdancing had a lovechild!
A 6 element movement program to improve strength, mobility, coordination, power, and endurance.
A great way to improve all of our sensory connections by placing hands and feet in contact with the ground and asking the body to move around.
For myself and many others, it's a form of movement meditation, a creative outlet, and a source of movement training that can be done anywhere with purely just your body.
Why Learn Animal Flow?
Do you feel disconnected from your body?
Do you go through your regular workouts, not really sure what you should be feeling?
For many, we don’t become conscious of what our bodies are experiencing until that experience is pain. We aren’t mindful of how our bodies are feeling until it’s too late.
With traditional approaches to fitness, there is a large emphasis on equipment and external implements, which is a contributing factor to this disconnect.
With Animal Flow, a unique bodyweight training discipline, I will invite you back into your own body again.
Together, we will help you rediscover what it feels like to be truly connected with your physical body.
Through ground-based movement, and challenging yourself to move in new and novel ways, you will build strength, coordination, and a better understanding of how your body likes to move.
WATCH A BEGINNER FINAL FLOW HERE
What will the series sessions cover?
- Learning the 6 components of Animal Flow
- Wrist mobilisations
- Form Specific Stretches
- Traveling Forms
- Switches and Transitions
- Flow sequencing
- Learning the Universal Animal Flow Language so you can take up a class anywhere in the world.
- Learning how to add some challenging fun and brain puzzles into your training
- Animal Flow Drills to improve Mobility
- Animal Flow Drills to improve Strength and coordination
- Building upon a flow sequence across 4 or 8 weeks - no one gets left behind
- New instructors get exposure to the call out language, how to run a group session and real-time coaching feedback on their own practice
How will you benefit from starting an Animal Flow Practice?
- Learn how to move your body
- No equipment is needed, take your training routine anywhere
- No experience is required, start a training regime that is tailored to your skill level
- Compliment your current strength training by learning mobility movements
- Compliment your current mobility regime with bodyweight strength training
- Start connecting your brain, body, breath, and nervous system for better health and wellbeing
- Use movement as a meditative practice
- Learn to identify some unsteady points in your movements and strengthen them to bulletproof your body for the things you love to do
LEARN TO MOVE WELL NOW SO YOU CAN CONTINUE TO PLAY FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE!
WHAT YOU GET ACCESS TO IN THE SERIES
- 60min session with live feedback from Qualified Sydney Regional Leader Nikki
- Small-Group atmosphere - Limited to 8 people
- Final flow video recorded each week and uploaded to the closed area for Nikki’s Flowists only to see and continue your practice
- Option to upload practice videos for further bespoke weekly coaching feedback from Nikki
- The minimum for the series session to run is 4 registered people
How much does it cost?
- 4 Week commitment $60 per week, $240
- 8 Week Commitment $50 per week, $400
Can I pay weekly via Direct Debit instead of upfront?
Yes of course, simply email Nikki at email@example.com to set up your registration
What if I can't make a session?
All final Flows are recorded and uploaded for you to practice. You have access to weekly bespoke coaching feedback from uploaded videos of your practice.
ZOOM 4 AF WEEK JUNE
4 week Series sessions Mon 6th June - 27th June 6:45am - 7:45am